Friday, November 28, 2014

The Evolution

Today, as I was walking out of Natural Grocers with my cloth bags, to my Prius, I had to take a moment to reflect on how I got here.

Like I mentioned, two years ago I was living on cake and chips, and today I'm a completely different person. I drink Kale Smoothies, I oil pull, I go to the Farmer's Market each week, I have a set bed time, and when I shop, I take the time to actually read the ingredients first.

Who am I, and how did I get here?!

Here is a summary of how I got here.

I started making one good decision with each meal. I started snacking healthier. I started cooking at home. I stopped drinking soda. I started brewing my own sweet tea. I transitioned to 100% grass-fed beef and dairy, and free range chicken. I started drinking Almond Milk. I started shopping at the Farmer's Market. I started drinking Kale smoothies. I started taking a multi-vitamin each morning. I started going to bed at the same time each night. I started eating organic, non-GMO produce. I started using natural toothpaste and natural deodorant. I started oil pulling. I started using Essential Oils. Three weeks ago I bought a Prius, and today I bought natural laundry soap for the first time.

I will detail each of these items in subsequent blogs to paint a clear picture of my transition. I want you to know something, my transition was not free of backsliding. I titled this blog "Healthy Wagon" because every now and then, I fall off of the "wagon". This past summer I fell off of the wagon and ate fast food for dinner for two weeks because I just got super busy. Here's the good news. My worst food decisions today are much better than my best food decisions two years ago. If you're like I was, and you're tired of being sick and tired, take a ride with me on the healthy wagon. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment