I LOVE snacking! I love sweet snacks, salty snacks, crunchy snacks, and chewy snacks. If it's a snack, I love it (except for chestnuts, but I'll get to that in a minute).
In the old days, my snacks were Cheetos and Dr. Pepper. As I type this, I'm snacking. I'm currently snacking on Organic Sea Salt Kettle Chips and Pomegranate San Pellegrino.
Two years ago you wouldn't have been able to PAY me to snack on what I'm snacking on today, but I made baby steps. Not once did I try to diet or deprive myself. I just continue to make small steps to a better lifestyle.
You may be wondering... "Why aren't you eating a piece of fruit and a glass of water?" I'll tell you. My snack time looks different each week. Bananas and apples are my favorite fruits to snack on, but mostly, I love crunchy snacks, so I usually snack on trail mix. I actually make my own trail mix. I buy raisins, pecans, and cashews in bulk, then mix them together! What I like most about making it myself is that I don't have to eat "around" something I don't enjoy.
Other days like today, I cheat a little and have what reminds me of a "bad" snack, but is good for me, and tastes like I'm cheating.
Here are a few other tips:
Instead of microwave popcorn, I buy organic popcorn, put it in a paper bag, and pop it in the microwave. I melt some 100% grass-fed butter, and sprinkle on some Himalayan Pink Salt. Delicious.
Instead of peanut M&M's, I eat dark chocolate covered almonds. The almonds are healthy, and the dark chocolate is full of antioxidants...and they taste great!
Instead of a chocolate milkshake, I blend up two bananas with 100% cacao/cocoa powder, and almond milk. So good!
No comments:
Post a Comment