I've always been thin, but when I was drinking soda, I looked like a little pregnant lady. I used to drink 3-4 sodas a day, with all of that corn syrup and carbs going straight to my stomach. I was HEAVILY addicted to the sugar and caffeine, so going cold turkey wasn't gonna happen...so...
Week 1: Soda six days a week.
Week 2: Soda four days a week.
Week 3: Soda two days a week.
Week 4: Soda one day a week.
I LOVED soda, so I kept my soda one day a week for a while. I called my "cheat day". My cheat day was on Tuesdays, and I remember looking forward to Tuesdays like it was Christmas. My friend and I would go to lunch, I'd order my Dr. Pepper, and wait with joy like the arrival of a new baby. I'd drink that soda like it was liquid gold...
Then one Tuesday we got to the restaurant, and I didn't want a soda. I got lemonade instead. I had finally kicked the habit, and I lost about seven pounds...just because I stopped drinking soda.
Every now and then I'll have a Virgil's Real Rootbeer. No corn syrup, and all natural ingredients, but I can't tell you the last time I've had a Dr. Pepper.
I have a new addiction, and it's sweet tea. I seriously think I need to use the method above to break my sweet tea addiction.
I'll keep you updated...
No comments:
Post a Comment